The client is one of the largest global professional services firms providing Audit, Tax and Advisory services.
- Part of a global network of professional services firms with around 150,000 staff working together in 150 countries worldwide
- Needs to collaborate frequently to share knowledge and maintain productivity across their extensive and remote workforce
- Wanted to enable co-existence of legacy ECM systems for a transition period to minimize migration pains
The German operation of this global firm operates within a highly regulated environment. The firm had a requirement to promote productivity and increase collaboration in the field while facilitating a migration and switch over to Microsoft SharePoint from legacy ECM systems.
Given the nature of the client’s business there was a high volume of content being generated and acquired in the field. Users could be working on a variety of engagements at any one time and are often in remote client locations. They needed to be able to file content accurately and quickly whether on or offline and harvest audit content when appropriate.
The operation also had a number of legacy systems deployed to meet the needs of the individual departments which were reaching end of life and requiring significant upgrades to allow the use of the later versions of Microsoft Office which were the office tools of choice for the workforce. Facing significant upgrade costs the decision was made to deploy a single ECM platform to meet all needs across departments with SharePoint 2013 forming the core of the platform.
- High volumes of content being acquired in the field
- Legacy systems, content and processes to continue to be used
- Need to minimise change and maintain productivity
- Frequent team collaboration on engagement content, often by remote users
- Users spend large proportion of their time on customer sites/out of the office
- Cost avoidance: Significant cost avoidance by avoiding the need to upgrade legacy platforms to work with new Microsoft Client
- User adoption: The client has seen the users embrace the new system in their everyday tasks. Users can access the new SharePoint repository from Microsoft Outlook and have needed no training on the system as it works exactly like Outlook folders. At the same time users have retained access to legacy content stored in the legacy ECM systems.
- Compliance: Repstor affinity enables compliance related content to be easily captured and shared, as and when needed, on or offline.